Saturday, September 1, 2007

realizations

1. The greatest assault on my persistent selfishness is an active prayer life and the new perspective that comes with it.

2. Anything that doesn’t let me settle and stay inside myself is part of my calling.

3. My wounds and scars are from the same direction as my calling

4. Compassion and intimacy is my most effective weapon against consistent and suffocating depression

5. Preparation is a more rewarding hope than any perceived evaluation of me by others

6. Anything that drives me to Jesus should be remembered and cherished

7. I should take my anxieties to Jesus as an experiment to see how faithful he really is

8. Peace and Joy come from a trust that what I am currently doing is somehow close to what God wants for me

9. God’s will is rarely ever a destination, almost always a journey and a state of mind

10. What I do today and even more important what I think today really does decide what my future will look like.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you come up with these on your own or were they collected from other people. they are such loaded statements. really good.

Kimberly said...

Jeremy, I love this.

Mrs. How? said...

you and I are so similar jer that it always is such a gift to me to have you write out these things. i need your voice to help me hear the thoughts in my own head!

Derrick Fudge said...

Kim How? I always feel better about myself when you think I am like you because you are so wonderful and I rarely think similar thoughts about me

Anonymous said...

that comment to kim how, jer is why i love you, why i want to be around your greatness, and why i want move to seattle