Monday, October 22, 2007

How to Bring Out the Glory in Others

1. Laugh

2. Encourage and praise

3. Brag about the strengths of your friends

4. Ask questions, be interested

5. Pray

6. Accept first, then figure out what to do

7. Be affectionate

8. Smile

9. Make eye contact

10. Be excited to see people, sad to see them leave

11. Expect greatness

12. Expose them to other great people

13. Know things about them, remember what they tell you

14. Always look for someone’s hidden glory, encourage it to come out

15. Praise them every time they accomplish even the smallest thing

16. Be willing to be deep but be easy going

17. Be courageous in confrontation, but always one on one

18. Allow criticism, and don’t defend yourself

19. Give others the spotlight

20. Shine yourself and others will want to as well

By Jeremy Pietsch

3 comments:

Wax Artistic said...

Great list! There are a few things here that I should be more aware of. It's amazing that you were able to compile so many crucial ideas that support positive interactions.

Derrick Fudge said...

thanks Nick

this is actually a list I wrote 3 years ago before my huge depression. I don't really remember how I came up with all of them, but when I read it again, they sounded good, so I wrote them out

Mrs. How? said...

Every time I read this one, I feel so inspired to be a catalyst that draws people to be all they can be. In my poop job, I have to remember these things every day, so thanks for the reminder.