Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Town Hall

I just went to a town hall meeting with the leaders of my school. There has been some animosity and curiosity about some of the ways they handled things in the past. Sitting there, listening to them, it reminded me of my days with the church plant in Chicago, and the town hall meetings we had there. It made me very glad to be at Mars and no longer Chicago because I was able to see leaders willing to be humble, be sad and admit mistakes, and to make the hard decisions they needed to, even when it drastically affected their lives. It made me want to be in their place, taking huge risks and trying to create something so much larger than myself. and I can only pray that I will be as honest and vulnerable as the men I saw tonight

1 comment:

carin said...

Jeremy--I just put a link to your post on a recent blog entry. I, too, was at the meeting, but experienced it so differently than you. I know that it is due, in part, to the nature of our stories. Probably, no two people had the same experience of that meeting. I wonder, how do we (as a community) connect to each other in our difference?